Mohawk Industries is starting their biggest flooring sale in company history today. The Mohawk Anniversary Sale was
built on listening to flooring consumer's needs and what types of sales and discounts they are looking for in this economy.
After extensive research by Mohawk, they determine the three key components of this year's flooring sale is special pricing
on all Mohawk flooring products, no interest for 36 months (or no payments for 9 months with deferred interest), and free
cushion or underlayment with floor covering purchase. Learn more about the biggest Mohawk Flooring Anniversary Sale below.
Survey of 18,000 Shoppers Identified The Most Important Factors In Getting Consumers to Make The Buying Decision
DALTON (September 3, 2009) – Before deciding on incentives for its annual Anniversary Sale, Mohawk Industries
invested in some intensive consumer research–and came away with critical insights.
The Mohawk Anniversary Sale, which runs this year for an impressive nine weeks (up from six weeks in years past) starting
September 14 continuing through November 15 at participating Mohawk Aligned Dealerships, is built on the findings of this
research project. More than 18,000 consumers were surveyed to determine:
- What gets a consumer into a store.
- What gets a consumer to make a purchase once in that store.
In all, more than 25 promotional offers were evaluated, and the top three incorporated into the Mohawk Anniversary Sale.
"We are NOT exaggerating when we say this is our biggest national sale ever–and the biggest sale in company
history," said Manny Llerena, Vice President of Retail Marketing for Mohawk. "We understand the retail climate that's out
there, and we have done our homework and made the investment necessary to give our retailers the best possible opportunity
for extraordinary success."
Llerena said that the sale has three key consumer incentive components:
- A No Interest for 36 Months Consumer Finance Offer
- Special pricing on many of Mohawk’s most popular products, PLUS some exclusive products introduced just for this sales
- A special bonus: free cushion or underlayment with product purchase.
In addition, the event will have a "Super Sale" period where even more discounts and buyer incentives can be offered.
"Research tells us by combining these offers with the right national and local promotion, consumers are motivated to buy,
even in today’s marketplace," Llerena said.
He also noted that Mohawk has invested heavily in media and promotional support for the sale.
A few of the components being offered to retailers are as follows:
- National television on channels including HGTV, Style, DIY, A&E, Fine Living, Planet Green, TLC , Bravo, and the
Food Network. The media schedule has been increased dramatically–there will be more than 2,300 MORE commercials run
during the Mohawk Anniversary Sale than aired during the Mohawk Colors of Spring sale in March/April.
- National consumer magazine advertising in Traditional Home, Natural Home, Country Living, Martha Stewart Living, Fabulous
Floors, House Beautiful, Real Simple, Your Good House, and BH&G Remodel.
- A "never go dark" online strategy that features banner ads on six consumer websites, including Homeportfolio.com,
HGTV.com, DI YNetwork.com, FineLiving.com, RealSimple.com, and MarthaStewart.com. In all, the online campaign will make more
than 18 million impressions.
- Special Retail Sales Associate incentives through Mohawk Infinite Rewards, the industry's most popular rewards program.
Individual products can earn RSAs as much as 50 Infinite Reward points per square yard.
- Customizable advertising kits including direct mail options, circulars, newspaper ads–including a version of the
National print ad which can be run in local markets, radio scripts, TV spots–including the National TV spot that can be
customized for local use, and on–hold messaging.
- Comprehensive point–of–purchase and merchandising kits
"Our dealers have reported strong success with our Mohawk Anniversary Sale in the past," Llerena said. "In fact, many
say it's their strongest selling period of the year. This year, we've giving dealers even more tools to make this sale a
Participating dealers are now receiving the materials they need for the sale launch. To learn more, visit
# # #
Mohawk is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete
selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are
marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Ralph Lauren, Lees, Bigelow,
Dal–Tile, American Olean and Quick–Step. Mohawk's unique merchandising and marketing assist our customers in
creating the consumers' dream. Mohawk provides a premium level of service with its own trucking fleet and over 250 local