Repairing a scratch in your floor is a simple task with Timbermate Waxstix Touch Up
Crayons. These wax sticks work on any finished flooring, including site
finished, and prefinished hardwood flooring, bamboo flooring, laminate flooring, in addition to any wood products! Timbermate
available in thirteen different colors to match alomst any floor stain or wood tone, and can be mixed for an endless range of
colors. There is also a Waxstix Pro Kit available with all 13 colors and a butane powered soldering iron for melting the wax
scratch, in a durable foam–lined plastic case.
Timbermate Waxstix Touch Up Crayons are easy to use and are very handy for quick repairs of scratched
hardwood floors. Follow the easy
steps below and watch the short video to repair scratches on your hardwood, laminate, or bamboo floors today!
- Before you begin, make sure the floor scratch or dent is free of dirt.
- Match the color of the wax stix to the floor. Because of variations in grain and color, Some floors will require multiple
- You can either rub the scratch flooring with the stick, or melt wax into the scratch.
- After a minute or two, scrape the excess wax from the floor using a plastic knife allowing the wax to be flush with the
- The last step is to buff the repair area out, removing any excess wax. I like using a very fine buffing pad, but it can
be done with a cloth, or some very fine sandpaper. (Just be sure not to scratch the finish on the floor!)